Saturday 7 June 2014

CONCEPT | PHASE ONE AW14

So I have finally come up with a concept name, 'MOVEMENT'. Was based on a bit of research I did and the experimentation I did beneath this post. Why 'MOVEMENT'?

I chose 'MOVEMENT' because I have started a new chapter in my life, one that requires me to go forward. I cannot go back, I cannot be stagnant, I must progress. In order to progress, there must be movement, so I feel the concept name is very fitting.

I'm on a journey of self-discovery and its all about me right now lol. I have so much faults, so much gaps that I need to work on correcting them and filling them in. I'm not doing this on my own; God is helping me every step of the way. He is my strength, nothing can be done without Him.

I bleached my eyebrows to symbolise this new chapter. Bleached eyebrows can look very scary or 'weird' on a dark skinned black person such as myself, but I'm trying to be fearless, allow me lol. So it symbolises change, it symbolises the first phase.

I dropped out of my current university (LCF) which was a big step for me. I'm not saying uni life is done because it isn't, but if all fails (which it won't), I plan to experience university somewhere else in September. But dropping out was a huge decision because my uni is meant to be all 'prestige' and well 'renowned' in the fashion industry. I'm sorry, but the uni is just a name and was not what I expected.

I also have bad luck with men and I find myself sometimes revolving my life around guys too much, its like I can't function without a guy being present in my life and it pisses me off. I won't say much, but I get up to no good with that particular species. Unless you are a close friend of mine, you will never know what goes on in my love life lol (I would reveal a tad bit if I was in a long term relationship though).

At this moment in time I am done with them, and in need of a long break (so I say now!). No, but seriously, I'm done.

So 'PHASE ONE' represents the first step in my journey. Yep, a capsule collection will come out of this but I am not just documenting the design process, I am documenting much more. I am documenting myself and I guess I'm just letting my creative juices kinda flow lol.

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment