Monday 7 July 2014

SAVE MY SOUL | PHASE ONE






Crop top; H&M (bought off ebay), skirt; Cheap Monday, chelsea boots; Asos.

 Save My Soul - Nines . Listen to 1 out of 2 of my favorite UK rappers (the other being Cashtastic) while you read.x

Been sitting in my drafts since 07/07/2014 :O Deciding to publish now lmao


Hey to whoever reads this blog! Lol. Want to talk about a few things..

Personal style
I always thought me having a baby face/look ruined my image lol but that is the curse  blessing that comes from being born and bred in the most ghetto of London - SOUTH! Yes, yes. People always think I'm just chatting a bunch of bs when I say most girls/boys from south and north london look young and east london people look like ringers (older than their age). Listen. South and north people have a certain look and this look can be very ratchet. And when you look ratchet you look young. Not only do south and north people look ratchet but they act ratchet too and theres this mentality that everybody here has. I can't explain it but I know what I'm talking about. East london people tend to dress more.. 'adult'? should I say and ahem *cough* 'prestige'? The girls wear a lot more make up and knew about brazilian weave before that shit even touched south. Do you get what I'm saying? Lol. I noticed this a lot during my college years. If you put the north london/south london girls and boys beside the east london girls and boys there was a BIG difference and it helped me to understand why certain people behaved a certain way.

Anyways, I'm going off topic lol. Back to style. I've always wondered what my personal style was and have always felt like I needed to give it a name. I realised that this was because ever since I started getting into fashion I experimented ALOT and I mean ALOT. From soft goth to girly girl, afrocentric to 90s grunge, fake goth ninja, (because I couldn't afford Rick Owens or Ann Demeulemeester!lol), vintage etc etc. It gets to the point where you end up just looking like ... You. I dress how I want but no matter what I wear I know it looks individual to me. And because of all my experiments, these styles pop up all the time; sometimes I feel gothic, other times I feel girly, etc. It just depends on how I feel.

Everybody knows I'm obsessed with futurism and I used to think I could do a 'futuristic style', but really you can't. Thats like saying 'present style'; there are so many fashion styles/trends/looks in our present time now. A futuristic image to me is all about the aesthetics. For me personally, the part of futurism I'm mainly obsessed with is the city; the skyscrapers, the city lights, the night sky, the eeriness of it all, the idea of a dystopian world, governed by the elites and the corporate world, the masses oblivious to it all as they accepted the systems brainwashing (which is mainly why I'm so into cyberpunk!), I love it. It makes me feel some type of way lol.

Since my blog has a futuristic theme (its futuristic in a sense of how I see it. Remember futurism is very broad. Its like saying past or present), I will be taking my photos when its dark mostly like my current ootd posts. Sometimes indoors, sometimes outdoors.

Phase One
This phase will last till about October. I'm documenting my summer time right now. I'm still developing my designs and doing prototypes/toiles.

The opposite sex
Give me a bloody headache.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment