Tuesday 23 September 2014

SLANDER! WITH THE WORDS YOU USE! | OOTD/OOTN




jacket; secret store, shh lol, jumper; from my online shop last year summer but i still have left over stock! at bargain price! purchase here. faux leather pants; primark

I like to imagine my self as glam by night but cyberpunk rebel at day, hehehe! Literally 99% of my clothes are BLACK. At one point I thought it was a problem so at times I tried to solve it but I have accepted that it just cannot be helped. Everyday I wear black and I have grown so accustomed to and comfortable with that colour that I don't want to change. And coz I'm like this huge cyberpunk fan, I've grown to love the colour even more. Ffs, even my blog is black! lol

P.S. This outfit is so comfy I plan to wear it tomorrow too, lol!

Now I need to quickly talk about this song because I've always had some thoughts about it, but since its the song for this post I can finally say them.

This song has made me cry many times. Many, many times. The songs that are meant to make us dance always seem to be the songs that get me emotional. For example: house/trance music! Instead of cutting shapes to house, I'm the type of chick that would burst out into tears in the middle of the club and people would ask, 'Whats wrong, Chris?' 
And I'd be like, 'This *sniff* song *sniff* is so *sniff* sad' -___-

Thats just how I am; sensitive towards the wrong (or weird!) things sometimes.

But I don't think its weird to cry when listening to Tabloid Junkie. I have a deep, deep admiration for Michael Jackson, so his music can cut through me sometimes.
The song is a cry of anger and desperation.
Angry because of the things that have been said about him which he swears aren't true, and desperation for people to believe him. And to also understand how much it has hurt him.
The anger takes place in the verses, while the desperation takes place in the bridges, chorus and break in the middle. Especially the bridges and break.
He screams at the media that, 'you swear its not a sword! But with your pen you torture men, you'd crucify the Lord!'
That's a pretty bold statement to make but he makes it. He's so desperate to make these poeple understand.
And I love his voice as he sings those parts. He goes from angry, gritty, I-wanna-punch-you-in-your-fucking-face during the verses to crying, wailing, can't-you-understand-your-words-have-effects and its amazing. Not many artists know how to convey emotion through their voices but he was brilliant at doing that.

So I guess thats why I get emotional when I hear this song. It's like I'm watching somebody getting beaten up by their bullies while begging them to stop.

Have a listen.

(P.S I couldn't find the original mix, only the extended one but its still the same, nonetheless, just longer! :))
(P.P.S I should be a music reviewer/critic right? Lol, haha, I'm actually working on a kpop blog coming soon!)




No comments:

Post a Comment