Thursday 16 October 2014

THE ESSENCE OF FUTURE GLAM | INSPIRATION

Bianca Jagger wearing a Halston dress, most stylish woman of the 1970s
A few pics from inside the hotspot Studio 54. Yep, Michael Jackson frequented the place and even stated the club was the best disco he'd ever been to. The atmosphere according to him was just amazing!


Melba Moore, 70s singer who enjoyed chart success at the time
My music mama and favorite female artist of all time, Diana Ross

Bianca again. Love the decor!

I have been in LOVE with the 70s era ever since I discovered its greatness! My main love is 70s music, as I have expressed before, specifically 70s disco and funk. I'm also a fan of the disco scene and fashion of the time. I believe the 70s era is the essence of my made up 'glam-futurism'. The 70s was clearly a time of true glamour. If you look in past pictures, 1920s flapper style was back in vogue at the time, Women were wearing turbans, sequined dresses, smoking their cigarettes f from cigarette holders and it was all about the fur! They were also donning the Halston dresses, a popular designer at the time and A-list celebrities were always seen at the biggest nightclub hotspot in Manhattan, New York, Studio 54.

I always say that the 70s made a slight comeback in the late 90s (bell bottoms, cowl draping, head scarves, etc). But that time had futuristic elements to it as well, especially with the rise of minimalism, such as a huge advancement in technology and the coming of the millennium. The main reason why I am so obsessed with late 90s/early 00s fashion.

I'm so inspired by these looks, deffo must tries on nights out. In my glam-futurism vision, this essence paired with city sky scrapers, floor length windows, nights out on the lit-up streets of London is the ultimate glamorous future!

No comments:

Post a Comment